Friday 15 July 2011

Crispy Chick Bottoms....


So, I'm new to all this 'Blogging' Malarchy.... Despite much encouragement from friends and such, I always shied away from it in case nobody bothered to read it!

Of late though, it's hard to not feel the need to share the madness which is my new 'obsession'.  It all started with four run of the mill Bantams which I acquired from my lovely Niece Rosy.  Let's just say I fell in love immediately, and for someone who swore blind for years that they hated chickens, this is a real turn up for the books!

Since the original 'Menage a  Cinq', the whole Chickening thing has spiralled out of control into incubating my own hatching eggs and becoming the proud owner of several breeding pairs and Trios.  

So, what does this have to do with Crispy Chicks Bottoms?  Well,  I found myself of a friday evening, submerging the 'nether regions' of a Serama Chick (see photo above) who for some reason had a huge mass of poop welded to his bottom... And this is what I class as entertainment! (I do wonder, just how dull was my life before the chooks came along?  I shudder to think!)  I found this so satisfying, I proceeded to check all five brooders in the hopes of finding some more poop to obliterate!!  Nothing!!

Bring on the weekend... I'm off to collect a Trio of Mille Fleur D'Uccle (I have no clue either... any 'Proper' French speakers please translate!).....




3 comments:

  1. Ah, you joking ?
    Not read a blog from you :-)
    READING :-) :-) Funny thing is, yesterday, we were surrounded by chickens, ducks, geese, peacocks. I almost posted a blog about battery hens today. But I don't know enough about them...
    Love your new blog... GOOD LUCK AND WILL GIVE YOU A LINK on Soggibottom :-)XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of all your only up the road too :-) Now you have two comments :-) x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete